- Personal message necklace ($62) - This series of necklaces from Dogeared have a variety of charms that give personal inspirational messages things like: Happiness, Faith, Good Beginnings, Strength, Luck, Love. I think it would be a cute to give a gift that is both a pretty necklace plus a sweet message they see every time they wear it.
- Naked Basics ($29) - This set of eyeshadow has six great neutral matte colors that work on a variety of skin tones. It is a great everyday basic pallet that will get tons of use. There is also a recently released Naked Basics 2. I own both and love them both.
- Tory Burch Flower Studs ($68) - Super pretty earrings that don't scream look at me I'm a logo.
- Victoria's Secret Cotton Mayfair Pajama ($52) - Everyone loves a nice pair of pajamas. These are classic cut with lots of cute pattern & color options.
- Chanel No.5 ($98) - Classic scent. My main go-to fragrance. Love it. From wikipedia - Traditionally, fragrance worn by women had adhered to two basic categories. Respectable women favored the pure essence of a single garden flower. Sexually provocative perfumes heavy with animal musk or jasmine were associated with women of the demi-monde, prostitutes or courtesans. Chanel felt the time was right for the debut of a scent that would epitomize the modern flapper that would speak to the liberated spirit of the 1920s.
- Longchamp - Le Pliage Large Shoulder Tote ($145) - At first the idea of spending over a hundred dollars on a nylon bag seems high but the stylishness, usefulness & durability of this bag make the price worth it. I bought my first one 14 years ago my first time visiting Paris (I chose brown) and since then I have subjected the bag to a ton of use and abuse and it is still holding strong. I use it as a travel bag when I fly in addition to my carry-on roller, as a gym bag with sneakers and clothes jammed in, as a overnight bag for a weekend trips and even sometimes as a beach bag. It also folds up really small so if I think I might need an extra bag on a trip I can pack it just in case without losing space.
- Kate Spade polka dot notebook ($14) - Every girl can use a pretty notebook. Even technology addicts like me appreciate putting pen to paper from time to time. I really love the metallic dots.
- Quilted Travel Flats ($18) - These shoes can be a lifesaver. They are great to stash in your bag for the end of a night on the town when you decide to wear crazy high shoes or wearing on your walking commute before changing into office heels or for having on hand for breaking it down on the dance floor at a fun wedding. I bought my pair after having to be piggy backed to our hotel room by my husband after a long night out in Vegas in painful shoes.
- Michael Kors Watch ($225) - This is a bit of a special occasion gift. For me, considering the number of times I have worn it, the cost per wear of this watch is well worth the investment in price. I like that it feels both like a functional timepiece but also like a bangle-y bracelet.
- Epsom Labelworks LabelMaker ($30) - Labeling makes the world better.
- Ultrasonic jewelry cleaner ($25) - I bought this jewelry cleaner from Target about five years ago and it's great. All you need is hot water, a touch of dish soap and an old toothbrush for super shiny clean jewelry.
- Chanel Nail Polish ($28) - This is a fun way to give a small slightly fancy gift that is a little indulgent without a huge price tag. Lots of great colors to pick from. I'm partial to the almost light pretty look of the 'ballerina' color.
Drop Down Menus
- Flipcard View
- One Suitcase Series
- Outfit Archives
- Favorite Blogs
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Inspiration - ShoeMint
Love this outfit for a weekend of relaxing with family and watching football. Comfy, cute and casual - sold!
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
For us, most years, Thanksgiving is a pretty casual affair with my immediate family. Usually jeans, sweaters and whatever gives some stretch for that second helping of pie. But there has been a few years where we've visited extended family who have a much more formal dining event. I hope this selection of outfits give you a few ideas of possible outfits no matter how you spend the day!
Monday, November 24, 2014
Inspiration - Miranda Kerr
On Sunday my friend D came over again for another multi-hour dress up session in my closet. We put together a zillion outfits and took photos while listening to Pandora and sipping champagne. (It was actually sparkling water for me but in a fun glass!) We took lots of pictures of cold weather appropriate outfits, work clothes and as well as a few holiday outfit ideas.
My hope is that this set of photos will help me keep this blog balanced with both maternity and non-maternity posts for the last few months of my pregnancy. (And however long postpartum until I can fit into some of my regular clothes.) Thanks for baring with me while I try to keep things interesting for everyone! :)
While talking with D during our marathon photo session - she mentioned she needs help in her own closet. After five years as a stay at home mom - she has gone back in the workforce as a medical rep. She asked if I would be willing to come over and help her figure out what a good set of work basics would consist of, what she currently has that could meet those needs and then make a list of what she should go purchase to round it out. And then we brainstormed I could document it all here for the bloggity-blog! Sounds like fun!
I've never really tried to branch outside thinking of what belongs in my own closet. Due to our schedules it looks like it might not be until after the holidays but we definitely want to try to get it done before baby comes end of January. So... stay tuned... for kind of a long time... maybe I should have kept my mouth shut. :)
**Don't forget to enter $100 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway!
First drawing will be on 11/26!**