Inspiration - Cindy Crawford
Happy New Year everyone! I hope you had a great 2015 and are looking forward to a fresh start of 2016!
I have a few of blog related New Years resolutions to share today -
- Be more consistent posting - For the first few years of the blog I was pretty good about posting 6x a week and liked the rhythm of it. It wasn't too bad to find time to pop out a post before work or grab 15 minutes in the evening to look up some clothing links. But after this topsy-turvy year of adding a baby to the family - figuring out maternity clothes, not fitting my "normal clothes" and a giant new chubby time commitment - blogging consistently got a lot harder for me. As I am just about to celebrate
keeping her alive for 1 yearher 1st birthday I think that things are stabilizing a bit and I can get back in a routine to keep this blog updated more frequently.
- Resolution 1 - New post 5x a week.
- Respond to all comments - I love getting comments and reading comments on posts. They pop up on email on my phone and I read every one. But by the time I'm at my computer, not working on my 'day job', it often becomes a question of having time to squeak out the next days post or take time for comments. Or else in my head since I read it hours ago - I feel like I've already responded. So stupid and rude of me. I super appreciate the fact anyone thinks it's worth their time to stop by and read the blog - and if they take the time to comment that's even more amazing. So it's super shitty of me to not show the appreciation I feel by being decent and commenting back. So I will make sure I do better this year.
- Resolution 2 - Respond to all comments within 1 week.
- Fitness tracking - I'm tired of not fitting into half of my wardrobe. And as much as I'd like to blame it on the fact I gained some pounds creating life a year ago - the past four months have been me not prioritizing my food choices or being active. I like healthy food and I like exercising (or at least how I feel afterwards) so why am I being a dummy and ignoring their place in my life? So I put together a food & exercise plan for myself (details at the bottom of this post) and I will update you on my progress each Friday to hold myself accountable. Will also add a fitness link-up if anyone else is doing something health/fitness-wise this January and wants to share.
- Resolution 3 - Follow fitness plan outlined below & post Friday updates to blog.
My fitness plan has two parts:
1. Exercise Plan - I'm going to do three different tried & true workouts twice a week.
- Stadiums (2x) - I love to join my super fit friends to do a stadium workout on Sunday mornings. I can bring the jogging stroller and it is a great leg workout with running, sprinting, hopping and climbing all over the stadium ramps and bleachers. And it goes by so fast with their fun company. (Plus I'll do it a second time per week on Wednesdays before work with just me & the kiddo.)
- Running (2x) - I used to play a ton of soccer and run 10ks and 15ks pretty frequently. But now I'm so out of shape, I couldn't run for more then a few minutes without keeling over. So I put together a rough couch to 5k plan to slowly bring my ability to jog up to 30 minutes straight over 12 weeks. I'll do 2 runs a week. (Which added to stadium workout should work on my leg strength & cardio 4x a week total.)
- Elliptical & weights (2x) - I love love love watching Biggest Loser on my iPad and doing 45 minutes on the elliptical. I move it up & down/harder & easier every 10 minutes. Changing it up along with the Biggest Loser trainers yelling motivation always makes for a good but mentally easy workout. And when I finish - my gym has a "line" - a row of 8 machines to give you a quick full body weighted workout. They keep a little card for you and set up the weights so you can just cruise through.
- Alternates - Occasionally I want to sub in some of the classes my gym offers. And on any day I don't feel like working out - I give myself permission to skip the planned workout IF I walk 12k steps that day!
3. Weekly Weigh-In - I'd like to lose 16 pounds to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight. (Which is still slightly heavier then the weight I've been for most of the years since college but that's another future challenge.) So I'll track the change in my weight here weekly.
4. Link up - I'll add the linkup to the bottom of the post for those of you who would care to share any New Years Resolution progress. (Or even just a cute outfit - I'd be happy to see that too. :) )
Anything else I forgot? Here goes nothing!
And I'll make sure to put this whole fitness blurb below the daily post so that those who aren't interested don't have to read! :)