Inspiration - Poor Little It Girl
Love a great floral blouse that you can pull colors out with cardigans! Found this one at Target and I am excited by the pinks, yellows and greens that can be coordinated with it going forward. And while I'm currently loving the blouse because of the forgiving nature of the cut and how it skims my mid-section chub when I wear it with jeans on maternity leave, I think it will definitely transition to be a great work blouse tucked in with slacks or skirt. Yay.
The past week has flown by! Husband went out of town for the week and my two college roomies came to stay for a few days bringing an adorable 10 month old. (They left two more boys and a pair of twins with their respective spouses! Phew!) We spent the visit chatting during nursing sessions, chatting during lunches out, chatting while eating the delicious dinners they made to bring and chatting while watching movies once the kids were down... we like chatting with each other! :)
We reminisced our college days living together in our "little yellow house" and all the fun times we had together. We marveled how much easier it was getting things done (dinner, diapers, cleaning up) during their stay when we divvied them up between us. So we decided we should probably try to talk our husbands into us becoming sister wives - minus the husband swapping part - we just need to figure out how to not all live in different cities. Love them.
Two goals - Week 1 update:
- Start eating healthier & walking lots -
- Eating healthier: Not too shabby. I consciously added more fruits and veggies to my daily routine. Didn't eat any food that could be purchased at a drive through or convenience store. But did enjoy a big BBQ dinner of ribs & pulled port the night hubby got back from traveling. Decent balance of good food with occasional treats.
- Walking lots: Did awesome. Hit or beat my 10K steps a day goal 6 out of 7 days with a 15K steps day. Helps that the little human loves the stroller so great motivation to go for a walk when she is fussy.
- Weight: Weight this week - loss 1/2 lb, Total weight change - loss 1/2 lb. Number change in the right direction. Slow & steady!
- Post 3x: Fail. One week later and this is my first post. Little human got gas after my friends left and it was a rough few nights of very short periods of sleep. Just when I felt like I was getting my newborn care feet under me - landed back in sleepless-unproductive-ville. Happy to report she is doing much better today.