Today's post is the next segment in the discussion about my shopping habits (previous posts here):
Do you buy lots of clothes to wear for this blog? I often get asked if I buy clothes in order to post them to the blog. And the answer to that is I definitely do not. I don't buy anything specifically for the blog or any particular post. The great majority of the time I am working with clothes I already own and are already in my closet to put together outfits that end up here. And any new things that I buy are always things that are for my real life – which may get posted to the blog - but never purchased just for the blog.
Here are some items I've been eying lately:
- Bright Colored Dress - I love a good summer dress. And looking through my closet I feel like I have quite a few fun patterned dresses but a great solid color one would be a nice addition. (Reese Witherspoon looks great in this coral & this teal dress.)
- Bright Floral Skirt - I wear my dark floral pencil skirt all. the. time. It was the skirt I picked for the very first blog post ever. Since it has been such a go-to piece over the past three years - I think a brighter, more summer option might be in order.
- Woven/Perforated Leather Bag - I'm in love with this Tory Burch bag. So gorgeous. Not sure if I'm ready to take the plunge on the real thing or if I'll keep my eye out for a more affordable alternative.
- Envelope clutch - Definitely need some sort of updated clutch, small bag for summer. I have good options for work & day bags but sometime small, fun and cute. I like the white but might get dirty so maybe a bright summer color would be a better choice.
- Grey Heels - Sometimes my three basic go-to work pumps in black, brown & nude just aren't exactly right for an outfit. I think adding a grey option into the mix might be a great additional neutral option.
- Blush Top - It seems like this blush color is everywhere. I really like pale pink. A nice crepe/chiffon type blouse would be lovely to wear for work this summer.
- White Jeans - I have a bootcut pair but I think an inexpensive Target or Old Navy pair with slim cut legs would be a nice addition.
- Gold Jack Rogers Shoes - Classic fun summer shoes. I really love them but I own one zillion pairs of sandals/flip-flops. Might be hard to actually buy them
- Bright Blazer - In an effort to expand my work wardrobe beyond my cardigan obsession, I'd like to find a fun & inexpensive blazer. I mentioned a white one in my last shopping post but a bright color would be nice too. Let's see what the shopping fates send my way!
- White skirt - I would love to find an easy breezy midi length white skirt for summer. I think it would be so cute and breathable on those hot days in middle of summer. Definitely keeping my eye out.