Inspiration - Cleo
I love how when you're getting dressed you can add a single statement accessory and turn really basic clothing pieces into an 'outfit'. I think this belt does just that. This would be a pretty plain look if it was all black and white but by adding one fun pop of color it turns it into a more current and exciting outfit. A pop of color with an inexpensive accessory is a great & cost effective way to update the basics you already have. A bright colorful bracelet, scarf, necklace, purse or shoe would work here just as well.
And as for choosing what color your accessory should be? One option is the statement piece could just be a color that you love to wear. Or another option to find a color is to look at what Pantone - who is (from their website): the world-renowned authority on color and provider of color systems and leading technology for the selection and accurate communication of color across a variety of industries - has declared the colors for that season. Spring 2013 can be found here or there's an image with the colors at bottom of this post.
- Black suit & white button down shirt
- White button down shirt & navy pants
- Mint polka-dot blouse & black cropped pants
- Purple and pink striped tank & wide legged jeans
- Green floral blouse, green cardigan & black pants
- Green floral blouse, grey cardigan & boyfriend jeans