This week I've been playing around with Blogger's dynamic layout template. I really like how the dynamic layout shows posts as pictures. This is a great option for looking at all the outfits at one time. The problem was I didn't want pictures to be the only layout for the blog and lose the traditional linear timeline blogging format. And then I had the idea - why not copy the posts over to a new blog url and have both the normal layout and the dynamic? It'll be a little extra work to maintain but it is such a fun way to review the photos!
It's a work in progress - I'm only about half way done copying posts (and blogger still needs to work on some of the features) but I like what I see so far!
- Flipcard view: http://outfitpostsdynamic.blogspot.com/?view=flipcard
- I like this view a lot because it lets you see lots and lots of outfits at a glance. And then you can click any one outfit to see more information.
- At the top of the Flipcard view you can sort the photos by Recent, Date and Label.
- The Label sort would be my absolute favorite of all the dynamic pages if this section worked correctly. What it does is divide & groups posts by their labels - which would be super cool if it respected the fact many of my posts have multiple labels. But right now a post will only be in the "Stripes" group OR the "Dress" group OR the "Occasion: Work" group - when it should be all three. But hopefully that will come soon with Blogger updates.
- Mosaic view: http://outfitpostsdynamic.blogspot.com/?view=mosaic
- I'm considering getting rid of this one. It's a mess of pictures.
- Sidebar view: http://outfitpostsdynamic.blogspot.com/?view=sidebar
- This view is amazing for clicking each outfit along a left hand list & quickly getting the breakdown of where I bought the pieces.
- Snapshop view: http://outfitpostsdynamic.blogspot.com/?view=snapshot
- Just a fun & cheesy way to view photos that look like Polaroids.